Subject: SGI pointer Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
From: [email-masked] (The SGI FAQ group)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.sgi.admin,comp.sys.sgi.apps,comp.sys.sgi.bugs,comp.sys.sgi.graphics,comp.sys.sgi.hardware,comp.answers,news.answers

Archive-name: sgi/faq/pointer
Last-modified: Tue Feb 22 11:52:24 CST 1994

    SGI pointer Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

This is one of the Silicon Graphics FAQ series, which consists of:

    SGI admin FAQ - IRIX system administration
    SGI apps FAQ - Applications & compilers
    SGI graphics FAQ - Graphics and user environment customization
    SGI hardware FAQ - Hardware
    SGI misc FAQ - Introduction & miscellaneous information
    SGI performer FAQ - IRIS Performer
    SGI pointer FAQ - Pointer to the other FAQs

Read the misc FAQ for information about the FAQs themselves.  Each FAQ
is posted to comp.sys.sgi.misc and to the news.answers and comp.answers
newsgroups (whose purpose is to store FAQs) twice per month.  If you
can't find one of the FAQs with your news program, you can get it by
anonymous FTP from one of these sites:

    rtfm.mit.edu:/pub/usenet/comp.sys.sgi.misc/
    rtfm.mit.edu:/pub/usenet/news.answers/sgi/faq/
    rtfm.mit.edu:/pub/usenet/comp.answers/sgi/faq/
    viz.tamu.edu:/pub/sgi/faq/

Note that rtfm.mit.edu is home to many other FAQs and informational
documents, and is a good place to look if you can't find an answer
here. If you can't use FTP, send mail to [email-masked] with
the command 'send usenet/news.answers/ftp-list/faq' on a line by itself
in the text, and it will send you a document describing how to FTP by
mail. You can also read a hypertext version of the FAQs at

    http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/hypertext/faq/usenet/sgi/top.html

The SGI FAQs are freely distributable and wide circulation is encouraged.
The contents are accurate as far as we know, but the usual disclaimers
apply. Please send additions and changes to [email-masked].

Topics covered in this FAQ:
---------------------------
   -1- Where are the SGI FAQs?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject:    -1- Where are the SGI FAQs?
Date: 13 Feb 94 00:00:01 EST

If you're reading this on Usenet, the latest edition of the SGI FAQs
has just been reposted to comp.sys.sgi.misc, comp.answers and
news.answers. (Because the comp.sys.sgi.* groups are gatewayed to
mailing lists which don't deal with crossposts, we only post the SGI
FAQs to one of them.) If you're reading this somewhere else, the other
FAQs should be nearby. If they aren't, the introduction describes
several places where you can find them.

------------------------------

End of sgi/faq/pointer Digest
******************************